Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Yearly Christmas craft project

When my daughter was 2 months old I was extremely poor for her first Christmas so instead of purchasing a gift for my mother I started a tradition.  I traced out my daughters hand and put it on a tree skirt with her name and date on it.  Since then I have made a new hand print every year.  I actually make 2, one for my mother and one for my tree.

This isn't the greatest pic but this is what it looks like right now.



My crazy child is not 12 and I'm not entirely sure if her big ol' hand print will fit on the skirt for many more years but I will keep making them.

This year I decided to use bead and ribbon to represent the new business venture my daughter and I started this year.


Now that I'm only moderately poor rather than extremely poor I kind of dread the time and energy it takes to make these every year but I actually enjoyed making this years because I am just so excited about this new venture.

Do you partake in any holiday crafting traditions?

No comments:

Post a Comment