Wednesday, December 5, 2012


Hello all...Below is a pic of my newest creation.  I really love this piece because of crazy cool glass filled seashell pendant.




https://www.etsy.com/listing/117295377/seashell-necklace-with-beads-and-ribbon


So that's that happy bit, now I need to grumble a little.  Having an Etsy shop is HARD WORK.  I'm barely getting any traffic and not a single sale yet. ( I hope the items have have at Edge Collectibles are doing better.)

I'm staying up way to late but instead of making jewelry I'm browsing through tutorials and forums on how to improve my shop.  I just spent 5 hours updating my listings and titles and I only have 25 items for sale.  At this rate, by the time I actually sell something I'll have made about 2 cents per hour.  Not that one sale will get me out of the hole.  I'm starting to think I just have a really expensive hobby.  You don't even want to see my accounting which of course took me several hours to set up too.  I'm in social services which roughly translates to no business sense and terrible at math.  All I really know how to do is help people.

Even just the process of taking the stinking pics is way too time consuming because I always have to edit them.  I can't take a good pic to save my life and the #1 advice all the forums give is have good pics.  Arg!!

OK, I'm done ranting....I feel better now.  Maybe I should get to sleep so I'm not completely exhausted...again :(

No comments:

Post a Comment