Thursday, December 13, 2012

Ho Ho Ho


I took the last hideous necklace apart and made a new one. https://www.etsy.com/listing/117989629/steam-punk-watch-gears-pendant-bead-and  I'm calling it "Steam Punk" because of the watch gears but I'm not entirely sure if this will appeal to the steam punk crowd.  I'm still working on getting my titles and tags perfected to draw in the right customers.  Suggestions welcome (wink wink).

I'm also gearing up for the holidays by creating gifts for friends and family.  I'm working on a custom piece for a co-worker would like a gift for a friend who just found out she has a brain tumor.  I making necklaces for my nieces and ornaments for all the relatives,  

Just for fun I put an ornament up on Listia.  http://www.listia.com/auction/7296156-ribbon-and-bead-ornament  I'm giving this away for free so I can get Listia points to get free stuff for myself.  Genius idea!!  So if your not in the mood to purchase something bid on a free something :)


As for my last rant...I'm feeling a little better about work.  Homelessness still sucks and I don't know if I'll be able to listen to these terrible stories forever but I do feel like I'm making a difference.  Many of the ladies I work with are truly appreciative of my help and I'm glad I am able to do what little I can for them.  Even if the only thing I have to offer most days is a sympathetic ear.  I guess I'm not quite ready to move on yet.  If you too would like to help all you have to do is ring bells for The Salvation Army :)

No comments:

Post a Comment