Sunday, December 9, 2012

:(

I really hate this time of year.  I hate that there is only 2 minutes of daylight all day and it's cold and wet and miserable.  I also hate that it is so hard for the clients I work with.  I work with women who are homeless and indirectly with families that are homeless.  Everyone is just so sad because with good cause they feel alone and unloved.  I can not imagine spending Christmas day in a homeless shelter.  Actually, wandering the streets because the shelter is only open at night.  The ladies have to leave at 8am and nothing is open so they generally have to spend the entire day outside.  It is absolutely heartbreaking.

On Friday, the staff had a training on secondary trauma and compassion fatigue and we talked about how hearing all of the terrible stories from our clients is causing us trauma.  This wasn't the first time I heard about the subject but it hit home more this time because I have been soooo crabby with my family and sooooo tired ALL the time.

And to add to all of this I have zero dollars for xmas and still have not sold anything on Etsy.  I went to Edge Collectibles to check on my display and no sales there either.  Of course the only signs outside advertise for games and collectibles.  The person doing the art displays is still working on signage.

I hate to be so grumbly but I'm just blah today.  Below is the pic of what blah translates into as far as jewelry making is concerned....hideousness.


1 comment:

  1. Thank goodness I came along and did some signage then, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete