Monday, December 17, 2012

Custom piece

A friend of mine asked me to make a custom necklace for a good friend of hers.  Her friend who is 39 just found out that she has a 7cm tumor in her brain.  My friend wanted me to use her favorite color green and find a pendant that portrayed a sense of peace.  She expressed that there are few other sentiments for her friend from childhood who will soon be leaving her 2 young children.

I was worried that I would have a hard time but me friend was happy with it.  I wasn't able to take a quality picture of it but here it is.


I went to the craft store with no clue what I would get. I ended up going with a phoenix because it represents   rebirth or transformation.  I also feel all birds portray freedom and insight.

I've been in social services for over 10 years and it's a new concept for me to help people in this creative way.  Just like counseling someone in my office doesn't solve a problem creating a piece of jewelry doesn't either.  All we can ask for is that our words or actions may offer a little bit of comfort when life hands you a lousy hand.

I'd love to hear thoughts about this.  Thank you!!!


www.alyxandreadesign.webs.com


No comments:

Post a Comment